A Methodist Way of Life
The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of God’s love in Christ and to live out its discipleship in worship and mission. Like the early Christians (Acts 2.42-47), we seek to express what it means to follow Jesus in the regular, practical actions of worship, learning and caring, service and evangelism.
As far as we are able, with God’s help:
- We will pray daily.
- We will worship with others regularly.
- We will look and listen for God in Scripture, and the world.
Learning and Caring
- We will care for ourselves and those around us.
- We will learn more about our faith.
- We will practise hospitality and generosity.
- We will help people in our communities and beyond.
- We will care for creation and all God’s gifts.
- We will challenge injustice.
- We will speak of the love of God.
- We will live in a way that draws others to Jesus.
- We will share our faith with others.
May we be a blessing within and beyond God’s Church, for the transformation of the world.
You can download the commitments here, with related questions to reflect on your Christian living by yourself, or in conversation with others.